Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Deepavali

At this time of the year, Little India gets flooded with people, creating a special touch
Indians come to Little India for Deepavali, foreigners come here for the special touch, I'm here for both!

Please do remember that photography of MRT station in Singapore is highly prohibited
Few police in grey beret would usually stop you if you did, just like me!

I started in the late evening, when the sun hasn't came down


Indians from all walk of life goes to the Hindu temple to get blessings from the gods


Scary looking Hindu deity


Oil lamps often comes to my mind when I think about Deepavali

Sunset renders the picture of the decoration nicely

Amazing lights brighten up the roads

Floods of people comes to Little India


Henna tattoo are very elaborate and delicate

People rushed across the roads, blocking vehicles

Its amazing how the decoration of Deepavali light up the streets
Deepavali, the festival of light

No comments:

Post a Comment