Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mega Moon 2011

Megamoon or Supermoon is a phenomenon, made famous by Richard Nolle, that occurs when the Moon is closest to Earth.
It happen on the 19th & 20th March 2011 and is the largest in 20 years!

I realized that the moon just enhance the atmosphere, not create a picture

I was inspired by other pictures of the moon, so I tried my luck on this day

Using "Third Rule"

I missed the best time to capture the moon, which is the moonrise period

By the time I spotted the moon, it was already very dark

Because the surrounding is dark and the moon is bright, it is very hard to get the correct exposure


Changed the colour by changing the White Balance

"Talking to the moon" Bruno Mars

The moon really appeared a little bigger!
It was an enjoyable experience shooting the moon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Calvin, its me, Shawn. Great shots you've got there. Anyway, you said you wanted to go for a nature stroll with me right? I'm actually free almost every morning (I study in NZ now) since I'm here for holidays. If you need, you can contact me at 83155194. Guess it'll be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawn!
    Its good to know you are in Singapore! I would love to go for a morning walk with you but my midyears are approaching and even more disturbingly is my MT "o" levels... Therefore, my schedule is very tight!
    I don't think I can make it this week, but I will try to meet up with you soon!

    ReplyDelete