Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.5

Recently, I have invested a big sum of money into a ultra-wide angle lens, the Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.5


This is "piece of glass" cost me S$1100


Very beautiful lens

It has a bulbous front element

What review said that made me buy this lens:
-Ultra-wide focal length! (The 2mm really makes a difference)
-Low Chromatic Aberration (Better than Canon's 10-22mm)
-Sharp (As sharp as Canon's 10-22mm)
-HSM = Quick auto-focusing (Doesn't make a difference in landscape photography)
-Comes with a casing and hood (All Sigma lens comes with that)
-Cheaper by S$200

Why I shouldn't have bought this lens:
-Not able to accept filters (No ND/ Graduated ND)
-Bulbous front element (Hard to care)
-Slow aperture (2/3 stops slower than Canon's 10-22mm)

Would post more about my experience with this lens....

No comments:

Post a Comment