Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cactus

There is a small city surrounded by mountains in west Java called Lembang.
The cool temperature makes it a ideal place for nurseries.
People from all over west Java would come here to buy plants to decorate their home.

Plants of all shape and sizes can be found in Lembang, but I found myself attracted to cactus

Cactus flowers are said to be the most beautiful in the plant kingdom

A more greenish cactus also in bloom!

I really like this picture as our eyes are just brought to the centre by underexposing the shot

The black one in the centre reminds me of my uncle's hair

At f/1.4, using the 50mm f/1.4 lens

At f/16

f/1.4 again, making the out of focus exceptionally blur

Bromelia

Cactus flower again

This was using a wide angle lens, the 10-22 EFs lens

Do you feel distorted?

The Angle Of View is just amazing!

Look how big the cactus is!

The plants were all in neat rows


No comments:

Post a Comment